Julie Moffitt, Instructor
Julie began teaching soon after leaving music college. She enjoys teaching students of all ages and levels. Her specialty areas are folk and folk-rock, as well as beginning classical guitar. Lessons address the individual students’ goals, whether it is playing for pleasure or with a career in mind. Julie focuses on a strong grounding in technique: rhythm, notational skills, and interpretation. With this foundation, the student is well-equipped for a variety of genres. With more tools and skills, students are freer to express themselves musically. Julie also enjoys helping each student find their own special relationship to music. Lessons are geared toward drawing out the musical ability unique to each.
* Masters in Piano Performance, Combs College of Music, Minor in Voice
* Over 30 years of experience teaching guitar, piano and voice, as well as songwriting
* Instructor in guitar, piano and vocals at Harrisburg Area Community College for over
20 years, as well as classes in Music Theory and Music Appreciation.
* Performing artist in guitar, piano and singing in a variety of styles
* Performer over the years in many bands and duos, including Faded Genes, Mistress,
Telepath, and Fat Chance
* Has released 3 CDs of original songs for guitar, voice and piano.
* Studied advanced piano composition with ASCAP award-winning Dr. Robert Lau
Cost of lessons: $25/half hour, $37/45 minutes, $50/hour
Hours of Lessons
Tuesday 7:00pm – 8:00pm
Saturday 11:00am – 1:15pm